Welcome to the OAUG Forum Presenter Information page. Here you will find important information and guidelines to help ensure a successful presentation experience at COLLABORATE for both you and the attendees. Please read through all of the information below and contact if you have any questions.
OAUG Presentation Management System
Please visit the OAUG Presentation Management System to access the tasks for your accepted session and upload your presentation slides and white paper files. Please note that presentations are required to use the official COLLABORATE PowerPoint template.
Failure to adhere to the deadlines will result in the cancellation of your session(s) and your complimentary conference registration will be voided.
- February 25, 2017: Presentation Slides and White Papers Due; complimentary registration code will be provided once materials are submitted
- April 2, 2017: Last day to register. Failure to complete advance registration will result in the cancellation of your session and revocation of complimentary conference registration.
- White Paper and Presentation Slides Upload Instructions
- White Paper Guidelines
- Presentation Slides Guidelines
- Presentation Slide PowerPoint Template
- Preparing For Your Presentation
- Session Cancellation or Substitutions
- Conference Registration Information
- Housing and Other Expenses
- OAUG Forum Publication Rights
- Presenter Questions
Register for the upcoming presenter orientation webinars.
White Paper and Presentation Slides Upload Instructions
Log in to the OAUG Presentation Management System to upload your white paper and presentation files prior to the deadline of February 25. Failure to submit the required presentation materials on time will result in the cancellation of your session and revocation of your complimentary conference registration.
- Files submitted via e-mail will not be accepted; you must use the OAUG Presentation Management System to upload your presentation materials.
- File size cannot exceed 10MB (no limit on number of pages.)
- Files must be in PDF format.
- Files should be named the title of the presentation followed by “_PPT” for presentation slides and “_WP” for white papers.
- Submit only one (1) White Paper file and one (1) Presentation Slides file per presentation.
White Paper Guidelines
User presenters have the option of whether to submit a formal white paper or add detailed notes to the PowerPoint presentation. The PowerPoint presentation is due February 25, 2017, for each accepted user session in order to qualify for a free conference registration.
Consultants and/or OAUG Associate Members are still required to submit a white paper along with a PowerPoint presentation, due February 25, 2017, for each accepted session in order to qualify for a free conference registration.
If unclear, determination of user status will be resolved by the 2017 Conference Committee.
Please follow the guidelines below for writing and formatting your white paper.
Writing Your Paper
- Use complete sentences and paragraphs when writing your paper. Do not use outline form, bullet points or copies of slides.
- The content of your presentation/paper must stay true to the original abstract submitted and accepted. You may wish to start your paper with your original 520-character abstract to introduce your topic.
- Feel free to briefly describe your organization’s business or objectives to provide context to your application requirements. However, please do not use your paper or presentation to advertise products or services your organization provides. Doing so will result in you and your company being barred from presenting at future OAUG conferences.
- Exhibits and graphics may be included in the body of the paper, or you can include exhibits at the end of your paper. We suggest numbering your exhibits for ease of reference.
- There is no need to provide a section for attendee notes in your paper.
- Save the final version of your paper in PDF format for uploading (see Upload Guidelines).
Margins and Spacing
- Use one-column format.
- Use one-inch margins on all four sides and a block format for all text.
- Do not indent paragraphs. Use a block style format.
- Single space within each paragraph. Double space between paragraphs.
- Place the title on the first page of your paper. Do not include a separate title page.
- Use 14-point bold font, initial caps and left justify.
- You must use the same title you submitted on the Call for Presentations application.
- Double space after the title and type the presenter’s name(s). Use 12-point font (no bold), left justified.
- Place the name of the presenter’s organization immediately under each name. Use 12-point font in italics (no bold), left justified.
- Do not include addresses or phone numbers in your paper.
- Use 12-point bold font, left justified.
- Use block style format. Do not indent paragraphs.
- Use 10-point font (no bold).
- COLLABORATE 17 (10-point font, left justified)
- Page < # > (10-point font, right justified)
- Copyright ©2017 by [Your Name] (10 point font, centered)
Formatting Quick Reference Guide
|Section||Bold||Font Size||Capitalize (Title Case)||Left Justify|
|Presenter Name||No||12 pt||Yes||Yes|
|Company Name||No||12 pt Italics||Yes||Yes|
|Main Body||No||10 pt||N/A||No|
|Footers||No||10 pt||See above||See above|
Sample Paper Format PDF file
Presentation Slides Guidelines
- Use of COLLABORATE 17 PowerPoint Template is required.
- Create your presentations slides in the template according to the requirements.
- Save your final presentation slides file in PDF format for uploading (see Upload Guidelines).
Preparing For Your Presentation
- Prepare for your session in the same manner as you will deliver it.
- Time your presentation and know how much time you will spend on key slides.
- You may use the speaker ready room to prepare for your presentation.
- Arrive 30-minutes before your session to allow time for set-up and last-minute preparations.
- Do not adjust the session room equipment or lighting.
- Please notify the room monitor if you have any issues with your room.
- Dress code is business casual.
- Remember that you are required to bring a backup copy of your presentation with you.
- When the session begins, briefly introduce yourself and proceed with your presentation.
- Ask attendees to check into your session on the mobile app.
- Please ask that all mobile phones and pagers be turned to silent mode.
- Repeat all questions asked so that attendees can hear the question.
- Sessions will last one hour. We suggest you plan 45 minutes for your presentation and 15 minutes for question-and-answer discussion. Please make sure to end your session on time so the next speaker can begin on time.
- Encourage attendees to complete the session evaluation in the app. This information helps us select award-winners and future speakers.
- Slides cannot be replaced or reproduced on-site from original submissions. If you have changes, please notify attendees during your session.
Session Room Set-Up
- The OAUG will provide the following in all session rooms:
- Data Projector with VGA Cord
- Lavaliere Microphone
- Podium or Table Lectern
- Wireless Internet
- Telephones will not be provided.
- Computers will not be provided. You are responsible for providing your own computer to present your slides.
Speaker Ready Room
The speaker ready room will be located in Breakers Reg. Office North and South. The room is provided for all COLLABORATE speakers so that you may practice your presentation. Please check in at the speaker ready room at least two hours before your session. This room is shared among the presenters of IOUG, OAUG and Quest. The speaker ready room is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Session Cancellations or Substitutions
If you are unable to present, please notify Erin Dupree immediately via email at . You are responsible for notifying the OAUG prior to the conference if you are unable to present and for making every attempt to locate another presenter who will present the exact paper as selected by the OAUG. Failure to show for your session or a last-minute cancellation may result in a one-year suspension from presenting at COLLABORATE conferences.
Conference Registration Information
Primary presenters for accepted presentations will receive only one (1) complimentary, non-transferable registration from only one user group regardless of the number of sessions accepted and/or if the speaker is accepted by more than one user group. Speaker audits will be conducted by all user groups to ensure there are no duplicate or unauthorized complimentary registrations. Speakers will receive a complimentary registration code once materials are uploaded via the Presentation Management System.
Failure to complete your reservation by April 2, 2017, will result in the cancellation of your session without notice and forfeiture of your complimentary registration.
Co-presenters will be required to pay conference registration fees and must register via the online registration form.
Housing and Other Expenses
All hotel, travel and other expenses incurred are your responsibility. The OAUG does not provide reimbursement for hotel, travel and other expenses and does not make hotel reservations and other travel related plans on your behalf.
COLLABORATE — OAUG Forum Publication Rights
In the United States, the federal Copyright Act states:
The Copyright Act protects against copying by unauthorized persons of all “original works of authorship fixed in any tangible medium of expression.”
Such works include the papers published in the OAUG conference proceedings.
In order to protect your paper, the appropriate symbol and language must be used. This indicates to whom the copyright belongs.
Protection under the Copyright Act is acquired by placing all three of the following on every copy of a protectable work published by authority of the copyright owner in the United States or elsewhere:
- the symbol “©” and the word “Copyright;”
- the year of the first publication of the work; and
- the name of the owner of the copyright.
Failure to place these three items on a published work bars legal action for copyright infringement against any person who, due to the omission of such items, believes that the work has been placed by the author in the public domain and thus can be used without permission or fee by a third party.
Sample Copyright Protection
The OAUG suggests that you protect your copyright to your paper by putting the symbol and language at the bottom center of the first page of your paper: Copyright ©2017 by [Your Name]. The OAUG also suggests that you consult your attorney to ensure that you have properly registered the copyright to your paper.
Ownership of All Rights to Your Paper
By agreeing to include your paper in the OAUG COLLABORATE conference proceedings, and by accepting the compliance agreement, you have indicated to the OAUG that you own all rights to your paper. Please inform the OAUG in writing immediately if you do not own all rights. In addition, if at any time you know or have reason to know that you do not own all rights to your paper, please inform the OAUG at once.
By accepting the compliance agreement, you authorize the OAUG to record your presentation (either by audio or video), to publish your presentation material in the OAUG 2017 proceedings and/or future publications of the OAUG, and to produce copies on USB, CD or other format.
For additional information, please refer to the U.S. Copyright Office home page.