OAUG Training Day Workshops
Supercharge your week by adding one of these optional, intensive workshops on Sunday, April 12. An additional fee is required; select and pay for this event during conference registration. Personal development workshops are also offered at COLLABORATE!
StreetSmarts® Upgrading to E-Business Suite R12.1 and 12.2: How-To, New Features, Functionality and Better Ways to Get Things Done!
This workshop will take a step-by-step approach of upgrading to Release 12.1 and 12.2 of Oracle EBS Applications. We will cover project planning, getting to the first working R12 instance, remediating CEMLIs (customizations), functional challenges, and defining, designing, building, and executing testing. Attendees will leave this workshop with knowledge of performing an upgrade, an understanding of issues and problems, documentation to navigate the upgrade and confidence to execute an R12 upgrade within their organization. View a free webinar preview of this workshop.
Excel-Lovers Workshop: Excel Power Tips and Real Time Oracle Reporting
Learn Microsoft Excel tips, tricks, and best practices for finance accounting users featuring Bill Jelen, author and host of MrExcel.com. Also, hear from E-Business Suite users Taconic and Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and how they are leveraging Excel and Oracle for real-time reporting, relying less on IT, and saving their users 5 days per month. Participants can also interact with both product experts and existing users about Excel-based reporting tools from Excel4apps.
- Microsoft Excel Tips, Tricks, and Best Practices with guest speaker and author, MrExcel
- Case Study: The productivity and efficiencies Taconic and Royal College are gaining with GL Wand
- Learn how GL Wand and Reports Wand can be alternatives to FSGs, Discoverer, Client or Web ADI
Oracle E-Business Tax, Proactively Manage Compliance Risks Using Tax Rules
The workshop will provide the participants with insights into how Oracle E-Business Tax can use tax rules to manage indirect tax compliance needs centrally, and to monitor transaction processing.
- Provide an overview of the Oracle E-Business architecture, configuration and reporting
- Define a set of nominal compliance risks and exposures that tax rules can help manage
- Identify how tax rules can meet these risks and exposures and report thereon
E-Business Suite Release 12.2 Upgrade Workshop — The Whole Nine Yards
The wait is over and R12.2 is ready! Attend this workshop for an intensive review of how to upgrade to R12.2. This workshop is a condensed version of TruTek’s hands-on 5 day R12.2.4 Technical Upgrade class. We'll discuss two upgrade paths: the upgrade from 188.8.131.52 to R12.2.4, and the upgrade from R12.1 to R12.2.4 on multiple servers staged at critical points. We will review on Linux servers: patches to apply, how to resolve issues we’ve encountered (in repeated first-pass upgrades to R12.2 and R12.2 training classes), upgrade tuning and show in detail how to apply the necessary patches using the new R12.2 patch utility, AD Online Patching (ADOP).
- Learn the patches needed to upgrade to R12.2.4
- Understand the upgrade paths to R12.2
- Review a live demo of how to patch with Online Patching, ADOP, the new patching utility for R12.2.