OAUG Training Day Workshops
Tackle complex topics with these intensive, information-packed optional workshops on Sunday, April 10.
Reporting Advancements for E-Business Suite: An Excel4apps Interactive Workshop
Learn from and interact with product experts and existing users about real-world examples and the benefits of using Excel-based reporting solutions. See the latest advancements in E-Business Suite reporting, budget and journal loading solutions and how they easily and flexibly can replace tools like Oracle Discoverer, FSGs and Client or Web ADI. Also, see how you can learn and share knowledge or questions with Excel4apps and other users in the new Success Community.
- Customer Roundtable: Learn how users are leveraging Excel for reporting, analysis and budgeting
- Reports Wand: Replace Discoverer with a flexible, Excel front end and 1000+ out-of-the-box templates
- What’s New: See the latest product features and solutions and our newly launched Success Community
Recipes for Success with the Internet of Things - A Technical Workshop
With Oracle's focus on the Internet of Things (IoT), developers in many organizations are being asked to begin exploring opportunities to build, implement IoT projects and applications. But where do you start? What use cases make the most sense? What best practices should you follow? In this free workshop, you will get hands-on working through guided labs and educational sessions to help jump start development of your IoT applications and projects. Register today to ensure your seat!
- Objectives Forthcoming
Optimizing Your Mobile App Development in the Cloud - A Technical Workshop
Mobile app development poses a number of challenges, whether you are developing native or hybrid mobile apps. Leveraging the cloud, new APIs and platforms, you can accelerate and streamline mobile app development. In this free workshop, you will work in the cloud and learn about new APIs, development best practices and more through hands on labs and interactive demos and education sessions. Register today to ensure your seat!
- Objectives Forthcoming
Code like a Startup and Build for the Enterprise - A Cloud Development Workshop
Organizations are looking to the cloud to help modernize and improve the performance of their apps for mobile, IoT cognitive, analytics and more, but the challenge for developers is understanding how to migrate your skills and apps to the cloud. In this free interactive workshop, you will learn through hands-on labs and demos, how you can simplify and accelerate app development, leverage new born on the cloud databases, and optimize performance of your apps by building and hosting them in the cloud. Register now to ensure your seat!
- Objectives Forthcoming
E-Business Suite Release 12.2 Upgrade Workshop: The Whole Nine Yards
The wait is over and R12.2.5 is ready! Attend this workshop for an intensive review of how to upgrade to R12.2.5. This workshop is a condensed version of TruTek’s hands-on, five-day R12.2.5 Technical Upgrade class. We’ll discuss two upgrade paths: the upgrade from 220.127.116.11 to R12.2.5, and the upgrade from R12.1 to R12.2.5 on multiple servers staged at critical points. We will review on linux servers: patches to apply, how to resolve issues we’ve encountered (in repeated first pass upgrades to R12.2 and R12.2 training classes), upgrade tuning and show in detail how to apply the necessary patches using the new R12.2 patch utility, AD Online Patching (ADOP).
- Objective 1: Learn the patches needed to upgrade to R12.2.5
- Objective 2: Understand the upgrade paths to R12.2.5
- Objective 3: Review a live demo of how to patch with Online Patching, ADOP, the new patching utility for R12.2.5
Go Faster: Make Oracle Work For You!
As an Oracle Applications DBA you know it can be difficult to get complete and correct information about how the database engine works. Even when bits of truth are collected, consolidating the data into a useful performance optimizing solution is complicated.
In this seminar you will learn how to build a performance diagnostic framework that will naturally result in performance improving solutions. Key Oracle internals are presented that matter in large application implementations. Then the framework, Oracle internals, user objectives and performance data are combined into specific and targeted solutions.
- Learn how to methodically diagnose performance problems
- Learn key Oracle internals that matter in large Oracle application environments
- Learn how to use Oracle internals knowledge to develop performance solutions
- Learn how to understand the merit of a proposed performance solution
R12 Application Security Best Practices for Oracle E-Business Suite
We will do a deep dive on application security fundamentals for Oracle E-Business Suite, covering key concepts such as Function Security, User Management, internal control risks and controls and top application security unmitigated threats. Hear from industry expert Jeffrey T. Hare, CPA CISA CIA, the author of the books Oracle E-Business Suite Controls: Application Security Best Practices and Auditing Oracle E-Business Suite: Common Issues.
- Review the key elements of security configuration and administration
- Present key objectives in Role design and evaluate how to best implement them objectives through Roles and Responsibilities
- Discuss key controls related to application security and how to automate and monitor such controls including the use of GRC software
Business Intelligence Planning Workshop: Assess and Improve Your Organization’s BI Capabilities
Do you have a business intelligence system in place today, but find most people still relying on “dumping” information to spreadsheets? Are decisions being made on consistent information throughout your organization?Take our in-depth assessment to understand your organization’s current BI capability and maturity level, then learn real world tips and techniques for implementing a Business Intelligence Center of Excellence in your own organization.
- Learning your organization’s current Business Intelligence capability and maturity level
- Learning techniques to bring lasting and meaningful Business Intelligence to your organization
- Receive individualized assessment and recommendations from industry professionals
- General knowledge of transactional and reporting systems
Apps DBA 101: A Day in the Life of an EBS 12.2 DBA
The position of an E-Business Suite DBA has been described as being an Oracle DBA with one hand tied behind your back. Attendees will receive an overview of the job requirements to be an applications DBA including topics such as the architecture of an E-Business Suite installation, backup and recovery with the E-Business Suite, cloning the production environment for development and testing, patching all three tiers within the EBS and day to day support of the E-Business Suite. Attendees will also be exposed to the extra requirements that are caused by the E-Business Suite on the rest of the infrastructure including the OS and database.
- Learn about the duties of an applications DBA over and above the job of a normal Oracle DBA
- Gain an understanding of how to analyze and patch the three major components of an E-Business Suite installation (database, middle tier, and the applications)
- Review the required setup and maintenance of the applications lifecycle in an E-Business Suite environment moving from development to test to production
Oracle Master Data Management (MDM) Boot Camp
This program is designed for both business and IT professionals who want to understand how they can improve the quality, accuracy and completeness of their master data leveraging MDM processes and technologies, thus optimizing their business processes, reporting and decision-making. We’ll focus on MDM concepts and best practices as well as a survey of technology solutions provided by Oracle, including an overview of Customer Data Hub (CDH), Supplier Hub (SH) and Supplier Life Cycle Management (SLM), Site Hub, Product Hub (PIM or PDH) on Oracle EBS platform, and Fusion Customer Hub (FCH) and Fusion Product Hub (FPH) based on cloud based Fusion Applications platforms and Oracle Customer Hub (UCM), Hyperion DRM as well as Oracle EDQ technologies.
- Define Master Data Management (MDM) and introduce various terms, concepts, tools and best practices of MDM
- Review of the Oracle’s MDM foot print and the various technology platforms they are built upon
- Review the key capabilities of Oracle Enterprise Data Quality tool
- Discuss the challenges associated with managing the master data and how MDM Hubs can help alleviate these challenges
- Establish a base foundation for key decision makers and stakeholders to embark upon a Master Data Management journey