The best ideas come from collaboration! Do you have personal experiences with Oracle Applications that may benefit other users, saving them time and money or helping them achieve more? Share your lessons learned and proven practices during an education session at COLLABORATE. The COLLABORATE - OAUG Forum Call for Presentations invites submissions on Oracle E-Business Suite, On-Prem EPM/Hyperion, Cloud EPM/Hyperion, Big Data, BI and Analytics, Cloud CX, Cloud ERP and Cloud SCM.
- Have personal experience with subject matter as an Oracle Applications user, or incorporate the perspective and first-hand experience of a user into the presentation.
- Commit to actively participate between before, during and after COLLABORATE to engage with fellow participants, answer questions and share knowledge.
- Commit to share COLLABORATE with their networks.
As an accepted primary presenter, you’ll earn these exciting benefits:
- A complimentary full-conference registration valid April 22-26, 2018 including access to all breakout sessions, keynotes, conference meals and official OAUG networking events.
- A profile in the Speakers section of the COLLABORATE agenda builder and networking app, through which supplementary materials can be shared.
- An "official speaker" badge to use in highlighting your participation with your online networks.
- The opportunity to give an encore presentation via the "Best of COLLABORATE" webinar series in summer 2018, awarded to the 20 highest-ranked sessions.
It’s simple to apply.
- Review the COLLABORATE 18 Education Tracks and conference committee’s presentation “wish list” (PDF file) as well as the business goals and objectives, primary industries and products covered by the conference.
- Consider your topic and how it addresses users’ educational needs.
- Complete the application form by 11:59 p.m. EDT on Friday, October 20, 2017, which comprises biographical information plus:
- Your presentation title
- A short description of your proposed session (520 characters or less) and brief learning objectives
- An overview of your experience with the subject matter
Need help creating a presentation proposal that stands out? Take advantage of these resources!
- How to Improve Your Chances of Being Selected to Speak at COLLABORATE: OAUG hosts a live webinar with advice that will improve your chances of being selected.
September 27, 2017
1 p.m. ET
- Ask the Experts Help Session: this webinar is designed for potential speakers to ask experts about speaking at COLLABORATE. This webinar will be scheduled for October 2017
Reference these previously published articles:
- Submitting Successful Conference Papers, as seen in OAUG Insight Magazine, by Melissa Sider and Kaberi Nayak, along with OAUG Past President Lissa English
- COLLABORATE: Delivering Educational Opportunities all Year Long, thoughts and advice from OAUG President Elect Alyssa Johnson
We welcome all of your good ideas! Applicants may submit an unlimited number of presentation proposals during the call for presentations.
However, to preserve a balanced perspective and eliminate bias in our educational agenda, we do have some limitations on the number of presentations that will ultimately be selected:
- Up to three (3) presentations will be selected per presenter conference-wide
- No more than 25% of papers can come from a single company per focus area/track
- Panel participation is not included in these limitations; you may participate in as many panels as you’d like
- Priority is given to employees of OAUG member organizations, as members are the heart of our year-round community. Check with the Membership Department at or +1 404.240.0897, extension 2, to make sure your employer is a current member.
- If your organization is not currently a User or Associate Member of the OAUG, it will be limited to one (1) accepted presentation organization-wide.
- Organizations that are current User or Associate Members of the OAUG may have up to seven (7) presentations selected organization-wide.
- An OAUG Individual Member can have up to three (3) presentations accepted. If an Individual Member is an employee of a non-member company, his/her presentation(s) will be subject to the limit of one (1) accepted presentation organization-wide.
Education rooms are a no-marketing zone. Sales pitches, marketing materials, signage and product demos are not permitted. COLLABORATE offers Vendor Awareness Sessions for this purpose; please see below.
- Friday, October 20, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. EDT: Call for Presentations Closes
- Week of November 27, 2017: Accepted Presenters Notified
- February 28, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. EST: Papers and Presentations Due
- April 22-26, 2018: COLLABORATE 18 in Las Vegas
Calling All User Presenters
In order to encourage more presentations from everyday users of Oracle Applications, accepted user presenters have the option of whether to submit a formal white paper or add detailed notes to the PowerPoint presentation. The PowerPoint presentation is due at 11:59 p.m. EST on February 27, 2018, for each accepted user session in order to qualify for a free conference registration.
Consultants, presenters from organizations that provide products or services that complement and enhance Oracle Applications and/or OAUG Associate Members are required to submit a white paper along with a PowerPoint presentation for each accepted session in order to qualify for a free conference registration.
If unclear, determination of user status will be resolved by the 2018 Conference Committee.
Oracle Employee Presenters
Oracle employees interested in speaking at COLLABORATE should also submit presentation proposals through the call for presentations.
The OAUG would like to highlight challenges and areas of concern that are country- and/or region-specific. Of particular interest include but are not limited to regulatory requirements and operational issues centering around electronic invoicing, taxes, global trade, raw materials and fiscal accounting. Specific focus areas may include localizations and satellite applications that connect to EBS via the ISV integration that Oracle provides. There is recognition that in some areas of the world, there are country specific requirements that add complexity to the strategy of the single global instance.
The Exploration Series are consecutive individual sessions which provide an opportunity to deep-dive on specific process-focused topics. The Exploration Series for COLLABORATE 17 focused on Procure2Pay, Order2Cash and Plan2Build process flows. The focus areas for COLLABORATE 18 are Hyperion/EPM/Analytics and Emerging Leaders (Young Professionals). The sessions intend to drive content to help participants garner knowledge about the subject areas as they would need in their day-to-day jobs today or for those who are in the cusp of stepping into such a role. The sessions will help participants connect and network with individuals who are in the same area of expertise or stepping into roles that will expose them to these areas.
If you would like to present in one of these Exploration Series, please submit a paper in the standard call for presentations portal and then send an email to with the paper ID number along with a description of how you would envision this session fitting into one of the specific Exploration Series. (For example, Understanding Security in Essbase Cubes would fit into the Hyperion/EPM/Analytics Exploration Series.)
Vendor Awareness Sessions
Reach a targeted audience of customers by sponsoring a Vendor Awareness Session in a meeting room near the education sessions. Deliver a 60-minute showcase of why your product or service is the best in the marketplace. A lead retrieval unit captures attendance details for post-event marketing efforts. Contact Marci Nessing at or +1 404.760.8179